COVID-19 – 10 March 2020 Update
Dear Travel Partner,
With the current Public Health of International Concerns of infectious and communicable diseases (mainly the Coronavirus), and the global impact it has on the travel and tourism industry, The Blue Train, like most other establishments in the industry, has been inundated with requests from our clients requesting flexibility in both our booking terms and cancellation policies over this uncertain period.
In an effort to mitigate the irrepressible burden on our guests and clients caused during these trying times, The Blue Train has decided to take an empathetic decision to revise its booking and cancellation terms as follows:
OPTION 1: POSTPONEMENT / DELAY TRAVEL TO A LATER DATE (Recommended)
- All guests who are booked, paid and confirmed to travel on The Blue Train within the next 6 months (between March 2020 and 31 August 2020) have an option to postpone / delay their travel as follows:
- Transfer the tickets to friends / family members who can travel within this period (March 2020 to 31 August 2020). Tickets for travel after the 31 August 2020 are Not Transferable.
- Travel on The Blue Train can be postponed to the next 69 Weeks (from 01 September 2020 to 31 December 2021).
- The postponement will not incur any additional costs on The Blue Train ticket Already Paid for (provisional or unconfirmed bookings not paid for will incur applicable costs of the date of postponement)
- All other costs / expenses incurred as a result of the postponement would be at the customers’ expense (this includes holiday costs such as change of flights, accommodation, shuttles, excursions, etc.)
- Only one change of postponement departure date will be allowed during the 69 weeks.
OPTION 2: IMMEDIATE CANCELLATION:
- The South African Government has not issued any travel ban (In/Outbound). As such all guests / clients who are booked, paid and confirmed to travel on The Blue Train within the next 6 months (between March 2020 and 31 August 2020) who wish and insist on Immediate Cancellation of their bookings, The Blue Train’s Standard Terms & Conditions will apply.
- For cancellations of travel after the 31 August 2020, The Blue Train’s Standard Terms and Conditions will apply.
We thank you for your continued support and understanding in this regard.
We wish you, your family and loved ones good health, safety and benevolence during these wearisome times.
Assuring you of our best attention at all times,