COVID-19 – 15 April 2020 Update
THE BLUE TRAIN SUSPENDS SERVICES IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Dear Guest & Travel Partner,
RE: THE BLUE TRAIN EXTENDS SUSPENSION OF ITS OPERATIONS TILL 31 MAY 2020
Following the rapid increase of COVID-19 cases in South Africa, on the 09 April 2020, the President of the Republic extended the South African lockdown by a further two weeks from 14 April to 30 April 2020.
Subsequent to this pronouncement by the President, The Blue Train operations will be suspended by a further month until 31 May 2020.
All guests / clients still have the following options available to them:
OPTION 1: POSTPONEMENT / DELAY TRAVEL TO A LATER DATE (Recommended)
- All guests who are booked, paid and confirmed to travel on The Blue Train between 01 June to 31 August 2020 have an option to postpone / delay their travel as follows:
- Transfer the tickets to friends / family members who can travel within this period (June 2020 to 31 August 2020). Tickets for travel after the 31 August 2020 are Not Transferable.
- Travel on The Blue Train can be postponed to the next 69 Weeks (from 01 September 2020 to 31 December 2021).
- The postponement will not incur any additional costs on The Blue Train ticket Already Paid for (provisional or unconfirmed bookings not paid for will incur applicable costs of the date of postponement)
- All other costs / expenses incurred as a result of the postponement would be at the customers’ expense (this includes holiday costs such as change of flights, accommodation, shuttles, excursions, etc.)
- Only one change of postponement departure date will be allowed during the 69 weeks.
OPTION 2: IMMEDIATE CANCELLATION:
- Due to the existing travel bans enforced locally and by other countries, all guests / clients who are booked, paid and confirmed to travel on The Blue Train between May 2020 and 31 August 2020 who wish and insist on immediate cancellation of their bookings can do so without any cancellation penalties. Guests are encouraged to still consider option 1 above.
- For cancellations of travel after the 31 August 2020, The Blue Train’s Standard Terms and Conditions will apply.
A further review of the suspension of The Blue Train operations will be considered mid-May 2020.
In the meantime we wish all our guests, clients, partners, employees and their families and loved ones good health, safety and well-being during these trying times.
We all continue to live in the hope that this too shall pass…
Assuring you of our best attention at all times,